Date: Aug 17-18, 2012
TIME: 8:00 Am - 3:30 pm
LOCATION: Roosevelt HS, Auditorium, 5110 Walzem Rd.
NEISD will host its tenth annual Dance Intensity workshop from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 17-18. Dance and drill teams from the seven high school campuses and the North East School of the Arts will participate in this workshop featuring six choreographers from throughout the United States. The workshop will be held at Roosevelt High School.
The instructiors for the Dance Intensity Workshop will include:
- Sarah Fazio – from New York City is one of the foremost master teachers and choreographers in the country. Sarah has choreographed in Las Vegas as well as for The Carman Heart of Champion Tour which aired on Pay Per View and the Dino Christmas Spectacular which aired on QVC> She teaches for Dance Olympus, International dance Challenge, Dance America, Tam Jams and Starstruck. She won The America’s Young Choreographer Award and also choreographs for Six Flags Productions.
- Mario Velez Jr. – from Phoenix, AZ. Has toured with Omarion, TLC, Brandy, Boyz to Men, Paula Abdul, Doug E Fresh and many others. He has toured with the Harlem Globetrotters. He has choreographed in Las Vegas and Reno. He teaches all over the country and owns a dance studio in Phoenix called Diverse Elements.
- Kelly Beamish –is a graduate of Oklahoma City University. While in Los Angeles, Kelly has appeared in Bo Bice’s video “The Real Thing” and Ice Cube’s comeback video “Race Card” Kelly also performed in Disney’s “The High School Musical” Most recently she toured with “Curtis Adams Magic that Rocks Show” and appeared in NASCAR California Speedway commercial.
- Chip Abbott –He is graduate of Oklahoma City University and currently lives in New York City and performs with the Chase Brock Project. He has performed on cruise ships and in numerous regional theater productions. After Dance Intensity, will be starting rehearsals for the national tour of the musical “101 Dalmations” which will be coming to the Majestic Theater here in San Antonio. Chip has also assisted the choreographer on the hit TV show Smash.
- Alexis Carra has been onstage since age 2. She has trained with Princeton Ballet, Boston Ballet, Nutmeg Ballet, and Alvin Ailey among others, and danced competitively for ten years. She received her BA in Theatre Studies from Yale University. At age 19, Alexis was offered a role in the 1st National tour of the Tony Award winning musical, Fosse, and took a semester off from Yale to go on the road. Alexis has worked extensively on and off Broadway and those credits include: Fame on 42nd Street, Wicked, Sweet Charity (Dance Captain) with Christina Applegate and The Pirate Queen.
- Roy Lightner is a graduate of Oklahoma City University with a degree in musical theater. He is an award winning choreographer, dancer and actor. Roy had taught master classes and judged all across the country. Some of his regional theater credits include Hairspray, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers and You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown. Roy has traveled the world performing for Holland America Cruise Lines.
For more information, contact Diana Schumacher at (210) 407-0354
Posted on June 11, 2012